Sunday, February 1, 2015

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Hayden always laughs that I say, "Not my circus. Not my monkeys" in response to the craziness in the world around me. So when I got to where I felt like I was running in circles and ready to pull my hair out, Hayden said to me, "so, why are you going crazy? It's not your circus and not your monkeys, so why do you care?"  I hugged my boy and told him unfortunately this time it is my crazy circus and all the crazy monkeys running around are mine to conquer and tame. He responded, " oh Boy. It must be bad if the entire circus and all the monkeys are coming after us."  I hugged my boy. Sometimes all I need is his sense of humor, his joy and his love to pull me out of going completely hairy carry. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

". . . And a little child shall lead them." Your little boy just inspired me, too. I think I have some monkeys I'd best be returning to their rightful owners' circuses. ;)

I hope things start settling down for you soon! Sending a giant internet hug your way!

<3 Sarah