Friday, January 11, 2008

Hayden's Toy Drive




What a successful toy drive! Thanks to all of our wonderful family, friends and generous supporters, Hayden helped to raise 2,049 toys for Phoenix Childrens Hospital! 2,049 toys is alot of toys!!! We could not have done it with out everyone's generosity and help! We weren't even sure how to get them all to the hospital... it took a truck, trailer and a couple of SUV's. What a success! I was so proud of Hayden and all of his hard work in helping us collect the toys.




Dropping off the toys was an incredible experience that I will never forget. PCH set up a Santa's Workshop type room. There were piles of toys, separated by type and age group. It was a sight to see and in my mind, I felt like I was at Santa's Workshop. Everyone was so cheerful and appreciative of the donations. And, everyone was trying their hardest to help these really sick children, have the best Christmas possible. I was deeply touched by the workers gratitude for what we had accomplished.




While at Phoenix Children's Hospital, one of the ladies from Child Life told Hayden that he had done a good thing and would help many children feel better and have a great Christmas. He said, "Yeh, I know, Jesus told me, Hayden you did a good thing and my heart feels all warm and good inside". For a mom, there is no better reward than to hear your child identify the sweet spirit of our Heavenly Father.




Again, a big thank you to all of you who so generously gave of your time and donated so many toys! Please know that you helped to make a child's Christmas much brighter!

1 comment:

Cassie Simonton said...

Hey welcome to the blogging world..and I'm a little offended that Jodi got all the credit of you starting a BLOG!!! I have been trying to get all the fam to start bloggin! I guess I got Jodi into it therefore i got you into it as well! Anyway WELCOME,
WELCOME!!!

P.S.
Man that is alot of toys...way to go Hayde BUG! We are so proud of him!