Thursday, July 7, 2011

Missionaries

The missionaries came back over tonight. I think they honestly missed Hayden. We love the Spirit they bring into our home, even when they are just stopping by for water.

We had Elder Howard teach Hayden the ABC's of Repentance again. I couldn't remember what B and D were supposed to be. If you hold a pencil with your hand. One by one, open your fingers...
A-Admit
B-Be Sorry
C-Confess
D-Don't Do it Again
By this time, your thumb is still holding on. The hardest step comes to play.
E-Enjoy life
As you let go of the sin, forgive ourselves and move forward with our lives the repentance process is complete.

Hayden had an interesting conversation with Grandma Julie the other day regarding this process. He talked to her and said that he understood that Heavenly Father forgives us when we sin. He felt when he did something wrong that Heavenly Father would forgive him but then said, "The hard part is learning to forgive myself. I can feel Heavenly Father's forgiveness but have a hard time forgiving myself and letting it go."

That boy is so me. In our house we are working on step E. Once you are moving back in the right direction, forgive yourself of your shortcomings and enjoy life as you move forward.

Have I mentioned how much I love the missionaries being around and how much they have taught Hayden? It has been a remarkable journey!

1 comment:

Monroe Family said...

What a great comparison to repentance!! I love that!! And I love the sweet Hayden of yours!