Monday, March 5, 2012

Writer's Convention

What an incredible experience I was able to have. Julie gave me the most wonderful and thoughtful Christmas gift! She signed me up for the Time Out for Writers. I was so nervous to go. My dream has been to write a book and I have been feeling more and more like this is the time in my life to do so. Problem is.... I am scared to death to do it. I don't know where to begin or how to go about it, yet feel the need to share a couple of the things I have learned with others. Oh how I wish I would have had an every day guide to help finagle my way through when I was trying to figure things out with Hayden.

While at the conference I was able to meet with the editor of the Ensign and the editor for Deseret Book. One can only imagine my surprise when they were BOTH interested in my writing and my story. I spent over a half of an hour with the editor of the Ensign who would like me not only to write my story and have it published in the Ensign, but also from Hayden's perspective in the Friend. I am in awe. After speaking with him, he called in the editor for Deseret Book and she would like me to expound on the idea and take it to book form from a magazie article. They even liked my writing style and voice that I had chosen.

I am profoundly in awe but so happy. It was a dream I would have never pursued, yet there. I cannot express the happiness that I have about this new adventure. It will be long. But, I am trying and I am going to attempt it.

Thank you, Julie! I could have never imagined where my life is headed and the things that are in store. You have helped give me the courage to go for my dreams, the confidence to believe in myself and the tools to make it happen.

Thank you! And, yes, as things progress I will update this blog. I am excited and scared and nervous and happy all at the same time. Now I just need to make myself sit down and actually do it.

2 comments:

Jodi Davis said...

I am so excited for you! You are amazing and other people definitely need to hear your story.

Connie said...

How exciting!!! And how wonderful that you will be able to share and help with your talent. So proud of you and so happy for you!!!