Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Verizon Store at Zions Mall

Last Thursday, I had an incredible opportunity. I was asked to give a short class on Communicating with our Savior. Since the theme of the Relief Society Enrichment night was dinner and shopping with friends at "Zions Mall" aka the church, I was given a store front and a topic.

Lisa was in charge of the event and she pulled it off amazingly. As we entered the mall, we passed the Honeyville, food storage room, the shoe store, and more. The food court had different food establishments decorated and we had styrofoam trays to fill up with yummy food such as street tacos and chips and salsa at Rubio's, salad from Olive Garden, cute chinese containers filled with fried rice and teriyaki chicken and a cinnamon roll from Cinnabon. Then everyone was split up in groups to shop with, and were given a list of stores to visit. Inside the shoe store, it was walking in others shoes, the honeyville store was on food storage, got milk? store was taste testing powdered milk to can, Popcorn factory had different treats, Mrs. Field's cookies had recipes and different cookies, passport store was there to take pictures for the ward directory and my Verizon store had a talk on Communicating with our Savior.

I showed a short video clip of President Eyring talking about the trials of life such as death, long term illnesses, losing a child and many more trials and how we need our Savior and faith in Him to endure the heartaches of life. I talked of how we needed to have a personal relationship with our Savior in order to make it thru hard trials. How we needed to know His voice just as much as we know if it is our child speaking when we hear, "Mom!" in a store. We all shed a few tears, but the spirit was strong and testified of the need to communicate with our Savior.

The entire event was amazing. I was exhausted after but so grateful that my Savior carried me thru the event so I could teach on the topic most cherished and beloved to me. I am grateful for the opportunity to spend 10 minutes talking of the strength the Savior can and does bring into our lives when we rely on Him.

It was an amazing night filled with love and laughter, tears and testimonies borne. It was a night I will always remember.

No comments: