Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Morning

I had to share what I posted on Mormon.org/Easter. Wonderful testimonies are being shared on that site. If you haven't had a chance yet, go and add your own testimony of Easter or the Savior. Here was mine....

I cannot imagine my life without the knowledge of a loving Savior that knows me, my circumstances, my heartaches, my joys, my pain and my heart. As I have been battling some life threatening and scary health issues over the past year, I have learned more and more what it really means to lean on the Savior and trust him. My testimony of a personal Savior came when I was young, in high school, and my mother passed away. I learned to trust him, turn to him for comfort and as I patterned my life after him, I felt peace and comfort. As I went about my life, I tried doing all the things I was supposed to do. This past summer, I had a minor surgery, and everything changed. I had serious complications and have been battling each day for my health. Through this experience, I have become so close to my Savior. I have an entire new underst
anding for the Atonement. It is far beyond what I believed my entire life. Yes, the Atonement was the greatest act of selflessness and love in all time. But, not only did my Savior suffer and atone for my sins, but he also suffered all manner of emotions, pain and suffering that I am experiencing with my health issues. He felt the pain, the heartache, the unknowing, the longing to be healed. He understands my deepest emotions, fears, pain and suffering. He took all of that pain upon himself for me, because he loves me. I cannot express my gratitude for my Savior as he walks each and every step of this path with me. There are days that I cannot do it on my own and he carries me. He brings insurmountable comfort to my soul, he calms my heart, he brings me peace and an assurance that with him, I can walk the path that I am on. There are not words to describe all of the tender mercies, sweet reassurances, peace and love that the Savior has given me during this trying time. I know he knows me, Jerlyn. He knows how to comfort me and bring me joy.
This Easter morning, I am so grateful for my knowledge of my Savior, his atoning sacrifice and the best news of the gospel that HE LIVES. He lives, and if we choose to follow him, try to become like him, he will and does bless us so much and we too, will live again with Him.

No comments: