Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mud Jacuzzi Bath

Having a boy is indescribable joy. He sure is loud and hyper and full of life. But, he also has the gentle side to him and he loves his mama. One afternoon, Tyson, Brooklyn, Brigham, Talmage and Hayden were all playing. They were having squirt gun wars, laughing, giggling and having a great time.


From outside, I hear giggling and Hayden yelling, "Oh mom, I have a surprise for you!" I apprehensively went outside, not sure if I was being set up as target practice for their streaming water guns. I peeked my head out and asked what he wanted and he told me he needed me to come here.

As I walked over, I was told that they had created a "mud spa and jacuzzi" for me. They had dug out a hole, filled it with water and it was definitely muddy. Hayden was so proud of himself as he told me to climb in. He said that he saw that mud was good for your skin and relaxing and since going to the spa was expensive, he made me my own mud jacuzzi. I laughed and had to be a good sport and climb in, after all, my sweet son had made it for me.
It felt squishy on my toes, and I almost fell trying to get in. But, to see the joy on Hayden's face was indescribable. He was so proud of himself for creating a spa experience for me.
I didn't stay in long. I did compliment him on his spa and mud bath and told them that they should all try it out. Brooklyn was so funny. She asked if we really paid money to go get all muddy. I loved how proud Hayden was of himself for giving me a spa experience. He kept asking me all night if I felt better after going to the spa. He was so funny!

I love being a mom to a boy, not any boy, but my boy! He sure is great, even if I have to climb in a puddle of mud to show my appreciation for his thoughtfulness.

No comments: