Monday, November 18, 2013

New address

We are officially moved in. Unpacked? Of course not. Every day do we spend time searching for items? Absolutely! But we are home and happy and most importantly, together. 

Every day this home becomes more ours and more home. 

I can honestly say that this move and experience has made me realized how truly blessed and lucky I am. 

Where to begin? I wish I would have had the energy, strength and stamina to write every night. The cold hard truth is, I have fallen into bed multiple times throughout the day exhausted and almost unable to move from pain and exhaustion. This body of mine that I love and cherish for what it can still do, has been thru the wringer and it is tired and trying to just hold on. 

The last six weeks of my life has been a roller coaster of ups, downs, hard climbs, exhilarating moments and holding on for dear life. I feel as if I have experienced a life time of learning, pain, life lessons, joy and appreciation. 

I will catch up on the miracles, blessings, hard lessons and the journey that has led us to this place. I cannot look back without deep gratitude for what has taken place. I look back and see how my Savior has been putting this move in place for months and months, although I just didn't understand or see far enough down the road to clearly see the future. This last month of my life has been nothing less than miraculous. 

It feels so good to settle in, cuddle on the couch, relax and be surrounded by those I love. I have learned that a house isn't necessarily important, the walls and structure, the color or size isn't what is important. It is the contents inside. It is the people, the feelings, the carefully placed memories, compiled with a few touches of comfort that make four walls a home. 

When a family comes together, tied together by love, feet firmly planted in the ways of the Savior, miracles occur. A house becomes a home. 

We are home. We are so incredibly grateful to have a home and this one we already love. 

Most of all, the spirit of our Savior, the sweetness of the Holy Ghost, the calming influence of the peace that comes through worshipping the Savior, fills our hearts and home with a peace and love that we hold tight to. We feel safe and secure within its walls and love the protection these walls offer. 

Most Importantly, we are together. And together...there is no better place. 


No comments: