Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas tree - love this time of year

Decorating the tree is one of my favorite traditions. I love looking at the twinkling lights. I love the way they flicker in the dark. The gentle glow warms my heart and fills my soul with love. It starts the magic of the season.
It is amazing how one little light can bring so much joy but when many come together it lights up the room. I sit and look at the tree and think of the lights as all those that have brightened our path, brought joy to our lives and helped to bring peace and love to our hearts. 
I love the peace that it represents. That the needles point to heaven to remind me to look up. That all testifies of the Savior. 
The lights that remind me that we all have worth and something to give. All the lights together help me to remember that collectively, we can sparkle bright. 
The ornaments remind me that it is the little things that being joy and happiness. Not necessarily big gestures but small ones. 

I love that so many help me and do the things for me that being joy in my life. My sweet husband. My precious son. And family and friends that love me and take care of me by decorating our new home so our first Christmas here would be perfect. 

This new tree in our new home is beautiful. It has brought joy beyond measure. 

Oh how I love this time of year. Everything seems more beautiful. More peaceful. More magical. And filled with more love. 

Merry Christmas! May you each benefit from our little lights as we have from each of yours.  


No comments: