Friday, November 22, 2013

For Time and all Eternity

My precious brother, Jake, took his sweet wife, Rosie, and three beautiful daughters to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity.

I love my brother. I love my sister-in-law, Rosie. I absolutely love and adore my three sweet nieces, Kaylee, Katelyn and Kiley. 

I wish I could better express the feeling in my heart as I walked into the temple and saw these five precious people that I love. I felt so much love and joy and peace. 

I hugged each of them. Thrilled to be there. 

One by one, each of my siblings and their spouses walked in the door. Then my dad. Other family members and friends also were there. People that have been influential in helping them change and get to the point of fully turning their hearts and lives to the Savior. 

As we walked into the celestial room, Thomas and I sat down, next to Josh and Stephanie, next to JD and Cassie and Jodi and Troy. My dad sat in the witness chair. As Jake and Rosie walked in, I felt so much love, as we were all in the temple together. A first. A special precious moment. 

Rosie absolutely glowed. Just like an angel. I've never seen her more beautiful. Jake smiled from ear to ear. 

Beautiful advice was given. My favorite was when the sealer told them that they came to the temple when needed. Not to beat themselves up for lost time but to just be glad they made it. He talked of overcoming trials. Of focusing and raising a family unto The Lord. Of being completely devoted to one another with the Savior. 

As the girls were brought in, I could feel my mom with her arm around her three precious granddaughters. Tears swelled in my eyes. The love in the room was beyond earthly words. 

The sealer was so cute with the girls. I hope those sweet and precious girls that I love will always remember the beauty and sweet spirit they felt. I hope they remember how much love was in that room. How many people adore them and would do anything for them. How much their Savior loves them. 

As my brother was sealed to his beautiful bride and precious three daughters, I saw tears swell in his eyes. Rosie's smile was one I will always remember and cherish. And the love, the overwhelming love I feel for each of my precious nieces was so strong. 

I love Kaylee, Katelyn and Kiley. I love Jake and his precious wife, my friend, Rosie. 

I'm grateful that they chose to take the steps and make the effort to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. I'm grateful that through the plan of salvation, we can be together with our families for ever. 

I pray Jake, Rosie, Kaylee, Katelyn and Kiley know how much I love them collectively as a family unit and individually as precious loved ones. I would do anything for any one of them. It was a beautiful moment for me. 

To know that in the walls of that precious sealing room, we were all there as a family again. My dad, mom, and each of my siblings with their precious spouses. Most importantly that my eternal companion sat with me. I knew that no matter what happens, we will be together forever. This life isn't the end. Our love, our friendship, our devotion and marriage will last beyond death. We will be together forever. And that is e greatest of all blessings. 

I love you, Jake, Rosie, Kaylee, Katelyn and Kiley. Always. Forever. And no matter what. 


No comments: