Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Boxcar Children

I loved the Boxcar Children series when I was growing up. I have waited so long for Hayden to be interested in these books. He always tells me no and wants superhero or other type books.

Saturday, I took him to Barnes & Noble and we bought The Boxcar Children. We started reading it Sunday and finished the first book yesterday. He didn't have school and when I got home from work, he ran up to me and wanted to me to read it to him. We read on/off all night. He was so cute. He wanted to know if when I picked him up from school today if we could go to Barnes & Noble and get book #2.

I love that he loves it! Hopefully, this will instill a love for reading. Before bed last night he asked me,"Mom, is this what it was like when you were reading Twilight? You just keep wanting to know what happens next?" Yes, he is falling in love with reading!

And, I loved every minute of him cuddling up next to me reading. Sheer bliss!

5 comments:

the cakes said...

I love, LOVE that series. Have collected them along the years and I am so excited for the day that my kids will want me to read them.
Glad you are enjoying them together!

Jodi Davis said...

I am so excited for you and Hayden! That is the best book ever. Some of my fondest memories with mom are of her reading this book to us while we were all cuddled up on her bed. I can't wait to read this to Brooklyn and Brigham.

Connie said...

I LOVE the Boxcar Children! My sisters and I used to play Boxcar Children when we were little. I love that they live on!

Ann said...

Can you believe I've never read those? I've always loved reading but I think the series that really got me hooked was Harry Potter.

Jamie Jo said...

That's cute. I loved the Boxcar children as well. I had Daniel read some earlier this year. I also loved Nancy Drew, but I'm thinking you probably can't talk Hayden into those.