Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hayden update

Hayden has been in school for a month now. I wanted to document the progress/changes I am seeing.

According to Hayden's occupational and speech therapists, he is not the same kid that left school last May. In fact, his occupational therapists said she has never seen such positive changes over one summer.

I guess all the therapy, speech camps, daily therapy routines and daily reading and math skills paid off.

Ms. Coleman, Hayden's principal, stopped me in the hall yesterday to talk to me about Hayden. She has noticied changes in him. He is making eye contact with her and more people. He is becoming more confident and social. I am so happy!

I am so proud of my little guy and how hard is working in school. He has an amazing teacher that he loves and she is great at pushing him but knowing when to back off. He is even wanting us to time him on math facts for fun! He is doing fantastic in science, social studies and in math. Give that kid a fact or a date and he will remember. His memory is incredible! I am so happy for Hayden and his hard work! Way to go buddy!

No comments: