Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Car Accident

Thomas had been looking forward to confirming Shelly and Megan with the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday at church. Shelly and Meg are such amazing daughters of God and we were so happy for this wonderful event taking place in their lives.

On the way to church, Scott, Shelly and family were in a car accident. We were right behind them and saw a truck turn into their vehicle. It felt like slow motion and there was nothing we could do. Both vehicles were totalled.

Thomas threw the car into park and jumped out of the car. I had Ann drive the car into Walmart parking lot so Hayden didn't see what was going on. I think he would have freaked out. Everyone was okay but really hurting. Megan and Ashley were both taken by ambulance to the hospital where they were evaluated and both had pretty bad back and neck injuries. They are really swollen but okay.

Shelly was so sad, scared and all the emotions of a mom in a car wreck with her three children. She was shaking and saying, "I am just trying to do the right thing. Why is this so difficult?"

I was blessed to be able to sit in the ER room with Scott, Shelly, Megan and Ashley. Thank you Ann and Trevor for keeping Hayden and Jazzy in the waiting room. During this time, I was able to talk to all of them. And, I was able to watch my dear husband give them each blessings of comfort and healing. I watched Thomas give his brother Scott a blessing. I felt the Spirit so strongly. His love for this family is great. I realized how much I love this family and the incredible role they play in our lives. We have only recently been reunited with them and I have loved watching Thomas develop a relationship with his brother again. He has loved every minute we have spent with them. I feel like I have known them forever, not just for a couple of months.

I was able to have an incredible talk with Shelly and we talked about how much the Lord loves her and how badly Satan wants her to walk away from all of this. He sure is trying with everything they have been thru since she started investigating the church. Shelly is going to do great things in the church and influence so many people. I am so glad this experience is helping to strengthen her and not hurt her.

Our prayers are with them as they are all hurting and having to deal with the unknown of recovering. Luckily, they are all going to be okay. And, they will be able to experience the blessings of the Holy Ghost in their lives. What an experience. I am most excited for Ashley to get baptized in a couple of weeks and then be with them as they will be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity next year.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Yikes! Glad no serious injuries and all will be well.