Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baptism

We went to Kingman for the weekend for my sister in law, Shelly, and my niece, Megan's baptism.

I was so happy to be there and get to experience this wonderful event! Shelly and Megan are the greatest and I am so happy that they have chosen to follow the example of the Savior and be baptized.

Shelly and Jer

Me and Megan

Thomas, Jer, Ashley, Megan, Shelly Scott, Jazzy and Hayden in front

We absolutely love spending time with Thomas' brother, Scott and their family. Shelly and I have so much fun together! This trip was the best as we were able to witness Shelly and Megan covenant with our Heavenly Father and strive to keep his commandments and follow him. As I watched Megan, step out of the water, after she baptized, I saw the biggest smile come across her face. As she came up the steps, I was able to embrace her in a huge hug. I am so proud of her and her amazing choices. She is such a special daughter of God. She radiates the gospel light and tries hard to be an example of him. Then, Megan and I stood there, as Shelly walked into the water. I could see the nervousness on her face as she stood there. As she came out of the water, I saw a different expression, one of peace, love and sheer joy.

After the baptism ordinances were performed, my sweet husband gave a beautiful talk on the Holy Ghost. I watched him testify of the truthfulness of the gospel and bear his testimony of the Holy Ghost. I am so proud of him and what a truly good man he is. He is such a great example of a disciple of Christ. He is humble and truly loves everyone.

My heart was so full at being able to take part in such a special event. I add my witness to my husbands, that I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true and I firmly believe in the power and influence of the Holy Ghost. I am so thankful for this knowledge. I was blessed to have been at this wonderful event with such amazing people. I look forward to one year from now when I am able to witness them all being sealed together as a family for time and all eternity in the temple!

No comments: