Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back to School

Tomorrow, Hayden embarks on a new adventure... 2nd grade. I think I am so much more nervous for him to start than he is.

With his ASD, it has been a struggle to keep him in school. I am hoping this year goes smoothly. Changing from 1st to 2nd grade is a huge step... most of the kids are reading, and he still struggles. More is expected out of him than last year behaviorly... will he be okay? Will the teasing start this year or can I still help him to have friends and feel good about himself?

Tonight, my mind has been eased. Thomas gave Hayden the sweetest priesthood blessing. I watched as my dear husband laid his hands on Hayden's head. The Spirit was strong and so comforting.

Hayden was promised that his burdens would be made light. Explaining this afterwards to Hayden was priceless... as he said, "Yes, that means 2nd grade is going to be easy for me!" I love his attitude and positive outlook on everything.

He was also promised that he would continue to be happy and have self-confidence. I sighed a breath of relief. Really, when all is said and done, what I want for him most is to be happy, to have self-confidence, to believe in himself and know that he is loved. All of these wonderful blessings were promised to Hayden. And, after talking to Hayden, I am reassured that although he does have his trials and struggles, he is a happy, confident little boy that everyone who meets him, loves him. What more could a mom ask for?

I am so grateful to be a mom to this sweet wonderful boy. I am so blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy he is. I wish him well at school!

Jamie Jo said...

That's very sweet. Is it scary to send our little ones out into the world and hope they are treated well. My Daniel starts middle school this month, and with his ADD he is quite behind academically and maturity wise. How great is the Priesthood? Aren't blessings the best? I'm glad Thomas was able to given Hayden such a wonderful one.

Jodi Davis said...

That little guy seriously has more confidence than anyone I know. What a blessing that although he has so many struggles that this isn't one of them. He will go so much farther in life because he doesn't get down on himself. GOOD LUCK Hayden! We love you!