Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kidney Stones

Since we hadn't had enough of doctor and hospital visits in the past couple of days, I decided we needed a little more excitement.

Events of the day:
Chuck E. Cheese with Hayden and Shameek until I was too miserable. We lasted 2.5 hours and Hayden had a great time.

After being at home a couple of hours and hurting, Thomas took me to Urgent Care.

Urgent Care referred us to the ER. After sitting in ER, getting CT scans, blood work and all the fun, I had a dose of morophine, three doses of diluadid, a dose of anti-nausea medicine, protonix and a GI cocktail. Real fun. I passed a kidney stone. Eight long hours later, we arrived back home.

Boy did that hurt! And, now at 3:30 am, I have splitting headache... could it be from all the massive amounts of pain meds they gave me?

2 comments:

Connie said...

Ouch! I've heard that is one the most painful experiences ever! Gotta hand it to you guys...you handle the whole Dr./Hospital situations like the pros that you are :)

the cakes said...

UGH! I am so sorry you had to go through that! I've lost count with how many of those monsters I've had. The worst is having them along with a kidney infection! (or maybe during pregnancy...its a toss up. Both are awful!) Darn kidneys! Glad you passed it. Hope you get all of the meds out soon so you can lose the headache. Lots of cranberry juice! Good luck!