Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stepping Stones

Hayden was so excited about his lesson today. On the way home from church, he talked to us about David and Goliath. Sister Call is so great at teaching the kids. She had stepping stones and stumbling blocks and asked the kids to give examples of how different situations can be either one in our lives, depending on how we look at it.

Hayden was so proud of himself. He said, "Mom, I told the kids that all of my surgeries could have been either... I have chosen to make them stepping stones."
I told him that indeed he had, but specifically what have you learned from them and how has it helped you.
Hayden: "I told them that I do Hayden's Toy Drive to help the other kids be happy in the hospital."
He then said, "I said it was like a flu shot, I could whine and cry that I don't want one and it hurts or I could say, this is better for me and although it hurts for a minute, it will keep me from getting sick. Same thing with the surgeries."
I love Hayden so much and am seriously amazed at his outlook on life and positive attitude in his situations. Yes, Hayden, you have most definitely turned your health situations into stepping stones, not stumbling blocks and I am so very proud of you for being able to do that. You make me proud to be your mother.

No comments: