Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Brooklyn's Baptism

My heart cannot express in words all the love that I have for my little missy. I tell her all the time that she is really half mine. I also reassure her that before she came to this earth that my mom held her and told her that she was going to the most incredible mom ever but also needed to give extra love to Aunt Jer since she doesn't get a little girl. Brooklyn obliges and loves me.
Brooklyn is amazing. She has learned so much at her tender young age of 8. She serves, she gives, she shows love and she is the best hugger. I cannot imagine my life without her.

My sweet little Brooklyn asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost for her baptism. She told me that was my favorite topic and I replied with an astounding, it certainly is! I decided to help Brooklyn remember all the roles of the Holy Ghost by having her help give the talk. We used common things like compasses, flashlights, batteries, candles, books, umbrellas and blankets to show how he guides us, lights the path, protects us, teaches us and most importantly comforts us. She loved pulling each item out of my bag and talking about how they could remind us to fully utilize the Holy Ghost. I loved the moment I wrapped the big white blanket around her and told her that the Holy Ghost could wrap her Heavenly Father's love around her. She smiled at me and her eyes sparkled like only Brooklyn's can.
I absolutely love it when these two get along. Lately they have played so much better together. They are both getting older and I love watching their relationship. I struggle with Hayden not having siblings. It breaks my heart and I wish I could have given him this gift. However, he has Brooklyn, Brigham and Talmage. He loves Brooklyn and tries to protect her. He kept going over everything she needed to know before baptism and was trying to teach her everything he has learned since he was baptized almost two years ago. Their interaction was so sweet, so gentle, so loving. I smiled and hope that Hayden will always look out for Brooklyn. I also hope that Brooklyn will always look at Hayden with the loving eyes that she did yesterday. I am so glad they have each other.
Grandma Joyce with Hayden
Joan, me, Renee -- I love these ladies. I need to be better and try to visit them instead of just trying to soak in all of their knowledge while at a baptism or event. I am so thankful they still support all of us even after 25 years of my mom being gone. I hope that my friends would do the same for Hayden and always be there for him. I have great friends and know many of them would. I am grateful for the wonderful advice I received last night from these wonderful women of God.
I loved attending Brooklyn's baptism. I love the peace that I feel when the Holy Ghost testifies of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for my own membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful for my testimony of the Book of Mormon and that I took the challenge to get down on my knees and pray to my Heavenly Father to know for myself if the gospel was true. I can say with a reassuring yes that I received answer. The Holy Ghost encircled me in my Heavenly Father's love and let me know by the peace and warmth in my heart that yes indeed the words that I read were true. What a peace it still brings to my soul to feel those wonderful feelings. I am so thankful that my sweet little Brooklyn was able to feel those same things last night. It was a wonderful baptism.

No comments: