Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our anniversary

We were lucky enough to sneak away for our anniversary to our favorite restaurant. I convinced the manager to give us the best private table in the back. It has a couch so I would be able to sit for the entire meal.

Sure, I love the food at Melting Pot. I love the entire fondue experience. I definitely love the lobster and the yummy chocolate at the end of the meal. But, what I truly love about Melting Pot, is the time that it gives Thomas and I to just talk. I love the private booths where they draw the curtains. I find myself just feeling so comfortable to talk without anyone else around, yet someone else is doing all the work for the meal.
Thomas and I enjoyed talking for over 2 hours. I just laid back on the couch and chatted and relaxed and talked with my husband. It was fun to get out, get away and not have any worries. We had agreed to just talk about us. The fun times we have shared. Our best memories. And, all the wonderful qualities we loved about one another.

It was so good to voice all the good things. It really made me appreciate Thomas even more by telling him out loud why I was thankful I chose to marry him. I do think I totally lucked out and got an incredible man. Here's a list of just a few of the reasons I am so glad he is mine:

-Makes me laugh
-He treats me like a queen
-He does dishes
-He is an incredible dad
-He puts up with my craziness
-He rubs my feet
-He honors his priesthood
-He loves the Lord
-He grocery shops
-He fills my car with gas
-He cherishes me
-He adores me
Yep, I got a good one and I am so planning on keeping him for forever!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Congrats! Such a beautiful picture! Glad you were able to have such a wonderful evening!