Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Prayers Please!

In a couple of hours, I will go through another round of IVIG treatments and experimental procedures to try and get my brain to restart and function as I should. Last year, when I attempted these treatments, we could not finish due to the extreme difficulties and reactions I had to the medications. Including, but not limited to, meningitis, encephalitis, blood clots, pneumonia, small coma and many more. 

From that point I continued to digress to the point I am today, with a short reprieve in the springtime. 

As I start these treatments tomorrow, I am in awe of the overwhelming gift of peace that the Savior grants me. He has calmed my heart and soul. He carries me and comforts me. I know deep down that I will be okay. 

I know the road over the course of the next days, weeks and even longer may be filled with sickness and illness but I will eventually regain my health. 

I am so grateful for priesthood blessings that allow me to know the Savior's will for me. As I made choices tonight, I was assured that the Savior was wrapping me in the arms of his love and protecting me and cherishing me. He knows me and he knows my pain. He knows my heartache. He knows what I am capable of.  He knows the truest desires of my heart. He cradles me in his love and helps me to see things from his perspective and beyond that which I can understand without his help. Most of all he loves me. 

My Savior loves me, just as I love Hayden. But his love is perfect and pure. I am his. And that, makes all the difference. 

So as I wake up, Jodi comes early and picks me up and we drive to Mayo hospital, I will find solace and comfort in my Savior's love and peace. The words he spoke to Joseph Smith to ease his pains when he no longer knew what to do, ring clear in my heart tonight as I seek his love and guidance. 

"My peace I give unto you." 

I feel his peace. His love. His gentle and loving arms enfold me. I am safe because I am his. 

1 comment:

JKnapp said...

Jer, you have so much courage. I am in awe and inspired by you. I love you so much. Julie