Wednesday, November 26, 2014

PCH testing

Our adventures started early in the morning at 6am wake up. Lisa came to get us at 7am and both Hayden and I were so very touched that Chad came. How sweet is he. He is such a blessing in our lives. I love and adore him. 

Hayden seemed so calm with Chad there. Chad creates a strength and calmness in Hayden. Oh how I long they will always be close. I love their precious relationship. 

Waiting at PCH... I remembered countless trips as I watched babies come in for tests. I remembered his toddler years and the nurses crawling out and giving him piggy back rides into the appointment. I remember little tikes cars driving him from test to test. Oh how I love Phoenix children's Hospital. They do care so much. 
I'm grateful for those that make our lives better like Lisa and Chad. Always willing to help out and just be there. The peace I felt as Hayden was more concerned with Chad's story than the test brought overwhelming peace to my heart. 
Hayden was so much more confident than he has been yet still asked a million questions. What are you doing? Why? What will this show? What are you trying to see? Will you know right away if it is good or bad? What are you going to do next? Any needles? Will it hurt? No bud. Just an EKG to start. Then blood pressure from laying to sitting to standing. 
The hook up begins. As the guy told Hayden the chair was there for him to jump over I probably yelled no a little loud. But considering last time he got so into it and was running and decided he was in a video game and tried to jump, I panicked. Poor bubba. He will never live that down. 
He was so funny talking to me while they were reading his charts and talking to the dr. He wanted me right by him. I love that he still needs me and wants me. 
Then, apparently I annoyed him - not sure how. Probably taking his picture. He loves me.  Even when he does the eye roll. Even when I make him crazy. But it is easy to tell if I make him crazy because when I do, this is the face I get. 
Then the test started. He walked and jogged. When it was over he asked. Ok. When does the test start. Silly boy. That was the test. He endured. He did well. Best yet. They think his coronary arteries are ok and it is. Scar tissue, chest wall or wiring problem. Some of those are more severe than others but at least it is not grafting a wire from his arm and recreating his heart. The other options seem less frightening and invasive. So now we wait. But we are grateful all so far is well. What an adventure. 

No comments: