Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Protected and loved

I feel this way so very often. I feel as if I am surrounded with strength and help. I am uplifted by those seen and not seen here on this earth. I am surrounded by our Heavenly Father's legions of saints. Those that have walked this earth life before me, those that walk here with me to build me up and help endure those trials I have been given and those yet to come to this earth. Sometimes I feel as if my grandchildren and future posterity are walking this journey with me. Maybe I need their strength. Most of all, those who have gone before strengthen me. Those that walk with me make this journey bearable. They lift and do for me what I cannot do on my own. Then those that have yet to come whisper strength and not to give up. Their future, their lives, their external salvation somewhat rests on my choices and decisions to keep going. Not that we don't have free agency, we do. But they whisper words like, "someday, I will use your strength to keep going" or "your written words will give me guidance in my own life" or "because of your walk, choices will be made, that will better my life and my opportunities". 

All generations...those who walked before, those who now walk with me and those yet to come, surround me. I feel their added strength. So many ask how I walk this path. How I endure the excrutiating pain, loss of so much and the constant trials facing me. I do it because I am given strength beyond my own. I'm never alone. My Savior walks this road with me and He carries me. He also sends His legions of angels both living and in other realms to help strengthen and lift me. It is great comfort to feel their strength and realize I do not walk alone. 

As a child of God, all of us have the opportunity for help. Our Savior will never take away our free agency so He stands with open arms just waiting and praying and hoping we will turn to Him. It is us that keeps the blessings from coming, not Him. 

My journey has taught me that we underutilize the help and guidance and direction of our Savior. He stands willing. He wants to bless us. He wants to help us. He wants to ease the burdens that our placed on our backs. But he cannot if we do not dream. He cannot help if we do not ask. He will not intervene unless we ask Him to. 

On this journey, I have learned to pray and seek His guidance. I have learned to ask for His help always. Each and every day, I need Him. I do not walk alone. As this picture so beautifully depicts, I am surrounded by help. And all I had to do is ask. 

No comments: