Monday, November 24, 2014

Twinkling Lights

This weekend we decided to put up the tree and decorate the house. I'm so glad we did. I love how the sparkling of the. Christmas lights brings a peace, a calm and a sweet joy into our home. I love the feelings of the twinkling lights shining on the nativity scene. It warms my heart. I feel all is well. 

I laid on the couch with just the Christmas tree lights on. Oh the feelings I peace embraced my soul. I looked at each tiny light flickering and how the combined light of each little light brightened the darkened room. The tree glowed with brilliance. 

I thought of my life. Each of those around me are lights shining in a world sometimes filled with darkness. Each individual doing their part to be a light in the world and a light beconning hope and goodness. Each light, standing united in shining and beckoning to the world the hope and joy of our Savior. I watched as the lights began to twinkle. How the lights pushed back the darkness. Even in there small way, burning the darkness in its path and bringing about light. 

I recommitted myself to be a light. To shine brightly, even in the dark, even when I don't understand. I watched as the twinkling light lit up our Savior's face. When looking at the baby Jesus, lit up by the little light, the light gets lost and the focus is on the Savior. Oh how I long to be that light. The light that shines so brightly, it isn't seen, but through it's light, the Savior is illuminated. That the light reflects so much on the Savior that it itself blends to the Savior and where His light ends and my light begins is a seamless flow. 

I looked at the dim lights on the tree, I noticed the few burnt out. I thought of those struggling to find their way and shine their own light. My goal this Christmas is to help the Savior rekindle the fading and burned out lights. To help them back to the light of the Savior and help them once again find their light. 

As I sat alone in my thoughts, I found myself praying and talking to my Savior. I asked Him to help me reach those that need to maybe have their light relit. That this beautiful Christmas season may provide opportunities for me to reach out to those struggling. 

We are not in a financial yposition to help many in their temporal burdens. But we can make a difference in their joy. We can be the light that lets them know they are not alone. I can be the listening ear, or voice of reassurance that each light matters. That the baby Jesus was born to become our Savior. He lived and died for each of us. That each life matters. That no matter how far you have walked from the Savior, He has never strayed from you. That each of our lights, no matter how brightly or dimly they shine today, can be brightened and even relit, if needed. 

I know I was not alone in the room with my thoughts. I felt my friend and comforter, the Holy Ghost whisper truths to my heart. He warmed my soul and eased my heart. He gave me the beautiful Christmas Spirit of love and kindness and charity towards all men. He recruited me to be the light that helps others to find their way home. Just as the wise men, so long ago, took their long journey to find the Christ child, so must we. Three kings found The Lord and so must each of us. 

Finding the Christ child is a blessing for each of us. As we celebrate this beautiful. Christmas season, with each twinkling of the Christmas tree lights you see, I pray that each of us will remember the greatest gift we can give this Christmas is to be a light. And to share that light with all we come in contact with. Sharing His light is easy and our efforts are compounded. A smile, a help, a compliment, an act of service, a good deed, a kind word and a happy heart, all bring the spirit and with it the spirit of Christmas or the spirit of Christ. 

I have never been more excited for a Christmas season. Last year, I was able to teach Hayden he joined the team of helping Santa. Even better this year, I am promoting him to joining the Savior's team at Christmas. This Christmas, we are on a journey to lighten the load, be the joy and hopefully our little lights shining will reflect brightly enough that others will not see us but only see our Savior in our illuminating light. That is my Christmas wish. I'm ready to get to work to put it into action. May we all be the light. And let the light of Christ in each of us shine brightly this beautiful Christmas season. 

No comments: