Friday, November 7, 2014

Garage Sale

We again held a huge garage sale today. One day down. One day to go. Today, I tried my best to sit outside and take money while Julie and Hayden ran the garage sale. It was so so busy that they needed my help. But I felt awful. I tried to make it. I tried to help. I tried to clean up afterwards a little. 

I was exhausted. So so so sick!!!  As soon as they loaded the remaining items in the garage, I fought back tears as the pain was so incredibly intense. Julie asked if I wanted to count and settle money. Absolutely not. I just wanted to go home. I was bright red. I was so hot. I was miserably dying. I barely could walk inside as I fought back tears of pain. Each step more painfully excrutiating than the last. By the time I got to my bedroom, tears fell freely. I soaked in a tub of cold water desperately trying to ease the pain and bring my body temperature down. 

I painstakingly made each excrutiating step to my bed. The sheets felt like knives going into my feet and legs. The cramping and thrashing of my leg just tormented me more. I smothered my legs in deep blue. My nerves kept sending shock waves of electricity throughout my body. Pain was so intense that pain killers wouldn't even touch the pain. 

I tried to sleep. I tried to relax. Pain lasted all afternoon and evening. I counted down for Thomas to get home. 

As I lay in bed, I am beginning to care about the total of my day and the profits pulled in. By tomorrow, I am sure I will be ready for the numbers. There is one thing for positive... Thomas and Julie and Hayden will be handling the garage sale without me tomorrow. I will be in bed. 

But I am so grateful for all those that donated. All those that let us have their hand me downs and donation piles. I'm thankful for Julie letting us have the sale at her house and helping out. 

I am surrounded by wonderful people in my life. Just amazing. So many serve us and love us and share with us. We are beyond bless and unbelievably lucky!

No comments: