Monday, January 11, 2010

Dinner with a friend

I went this past week to dinner with a dear friend, Julie. We were so close when I was young. She helped me get thru my mom's death and help me to move on and cope with my life. She is always there for me when I need her. She was a life saver when Hayden was born and basically lived at the hospital with me. She took family pictures before surgery, held my hand thru some of his procedures, brought up treats and goodies for the doctors and nurses and basically did anything that was needed.

We went to dinner last week and five hours later, Thomas was calling to check up on me and making sure that I was still alive. I can't believe that we chatted that long. I sure enjoyed talking to her and catching up. She has been such an influence for good in my life. I am so thankful for her.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Wow...a five hour dinner...I've had a few of those :) I hope you all feel better.