Monday, January 11, 2010

Sickies

We have had a bunch of sickness here since the beginning of the year. Okay, maybe I have been sick since the beginning of the year. Not fun, but we are coping. I sure have felt loved by all of the support, phone calls and sweet words that people have sent.

I am going in for some surgery the day after we get back from Costa Rica. I am so excited to hopefully get out of pain and move on with a more functioning life. I am hoping that the D&C, operative hysterectomy and biopsy's go well. Mostly, I will be glad for the unpleasant and aching endometriosis to be gone. Until then, I am relying on my pain killers  to get me thru. Hence, not a lot of blogging, etc.

To top it off, Sunday I went to urgent care because I kept getting dizzy over the past couple of days and falling. Thomas saw me do it and freaked out and took me to urgent care. I was relieved when they said it was an inner ear infection that was causing the pain, dizzy spells and falling. They hooked me up to iv's and gave me a cocktail of antibiotics, steroids, zofran and valium. I was pretty much wiped out. Thomas said I fell asleep right when the meds hit.

I am still home and in bed today but am hoping that these antibiotics and medicines kick in REAL soon. I am done being so tired and achy.

So far January has been a little long and painful. Hopefully we will get it over with in January and the rest of the year will be pleasant and sickness free.

No comments: