Monday, April 26, 2010

Nauvoo Temple

Attending a session in the Nauvoo Temple was one of the neatest experiences in my life. I wasn't prepared for the events and emotions that would come inside that sacred place. I have been in a lot of temples, but the Nauvoo Temple holds sacred feelings and emotions.
Thomas and I were chosen to be the witness couple and were given the opportunity to go back in a room for about 20 minutes and just talk one with another. During that time, the temple president came in and talked with us, explained some significant points about the Nauvoo Temple and gave us some great advice.
During the session, so many things ran through my mind. Most importantly, I knew that the Lord knew that I was in the walls of that sacred temple that day and blessed me with some unique opportunities to feel his presence and feel his love.
I left the temple with an incredible reassurance that I am his daughter, he loves me and has put people and events in my life to help me on my journey here. It was a moment of a lifetime. There within those sacred walls, the direction of my life was changed and realized. Many prayers were answered that sacred day!
I am so grateful for my Savior and his presence in my life. I know he lives. I know he is aware of me and my needs. The Nauvoo Temple will always hold a special place in my heart!

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

What a great opportunity. Aren't we so lucky in every regard to the Gospel and it's blessings?