Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Briar Patch Inn


Julie is amazing! She kidnapped me from the hospital and planned an amazing getaway weekend. I was so sick of hospitals and being sick. We headed out Friday afternoon to Briar Patch Inn in Oak Creek Canyon. It was an amazing place! The gardens and grounds were unbelievable. I was in awe of the beauty. With me still being sick, we didn't do a whole lot. We spent a lot of time sitting and overlooking Oak Creek and just talking. I enjoyed every minute of just sitting there, listening to the water make its way down the creek, and get Julie's perspective on life. She amazes me and I love listening to her stories.
I did a lot of writing while we were away. There is something that is so rejuvenating about being in a cabin and being able to really write. I have decided to once again make writing a priority in my life and concentrate on doing it more. Julie was the one that taught me to write and has been encouraging me to write more often.
I had an absolutely amazing weekend. One that was able to pull me thru the hard times and help me to realize that I could keep going. Julie and I had some amazing discussions. I love her outlook on life and how she is able to help me re-focus and put things into perspective. I am so thankful for her and all she does for me.
Thanks for an amazing weekend, Julie! You will never know how much it meant to me and how truly much I really needed that time to get away. I will always cherish this weekend!

No comments: