Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Survival Mode

How do I deal with the stress of being in the hospital for 6 days? With three surgeries and a week long hospital stay over the past couple of months, I was completely burned out. When I finally escaped the hospital stay, I headed to Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon to try to decompress. Not eating for a week, at all, definitely caused lack of energy on my part. But, seeing the beautiful mountains and staying in an amazing cabin, rejuvenated me. It was a great time for reflection and trying to sort out all of the happenings of the past couple of months.

We spent a lot of time sitting by the creek, taking short walks, laying in hammocks, writing in my journal and napping. It was such a relaxing and quiet trip. So unlike any I have ever experienced and it was AMAZING!

I came home ready again to face life and hopefully start with a new renewed strength. Now, if I can just stay healthy and put this all behind me, I would be very very grateful!

3 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

I hope all the worst is behind you now! So sorry that you've had so much to deal with. Hopefully that it the end of it! On to better things now!

Connie said...

Loved the last paragraph...especially "renewed strength". Yippee!!!

P.S. Jodi has a darling family!

Jamie Jo said...

I'm glad you were able to escape to somewhere beautiful to recooperate. Hope all is better now.