Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Day of School




I can't believe that today is the last day that my boy is a 2nd grader. Where did the time go? Why is he growing up so fast?

Hayden won the Character/Citizenship Award for the year. Wow! He is such an amazing kid. He treats others with respect, kindness, love and selflessness. He amazes me and teaches me. I am in awe of him.

He also won the most improved in PE award. He absolutely adores Coach Jones. He has tried so hard and has come so far. I was just thrilled watching him today and the boy that he has become. He makes his mommy proud.

He was so cute. He wanted to sit by me, be by me and hold on to me. Too cute. I thought he may be too big, but he loved me being there. It was such a fun mom moment! We also were able to hold Mrs. Crawford's newborn girl. Ohhhh, I so loved holding her and cuddling with her for over an hour. We will be making lots of visits to her house to snuggle the new baby, Allison. Hayden is absolutely in love with her and can't wait to "babysit" her. It was such a fun morning. I love those perfect "mommy days" where all seems great; Hayden liked me being there and I felt like he is doing so great. It was a good day!

1 comment:

Monroe Family said...

Yay Hayden! And Yay he isn't too cool for mommy. What a sweet boy!!!