Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a great day! My boys woke and made me breakfast in bed and gave me the sweetest cards. Hayden made a book all about his mom and I adore it! He made me a keyring out of his handprint. I love the homemade gifts from my boy. Thomas gave me the gift I have been wanting.. my piano tuned and new piano songbooks. I have been playing the piano and loving his very thoughtful gifts. Ann showed up early with a beautiful drawing of me holding Hayden for the first time. I love it and plan on getting it framed here soon. She is so talented. Then the four of us headed over to Grandma Joyce. We loved spending time with her.
Hayden made handprint lilies for me and his Grandmas for Mother's Day. They turned out really cute! He loved giving them away and we had a GREAT time making them!

I was absolutely showered and adorned with so much love that day. Everyone made sure that I felt so very loved. I am so thankful for such a wonderful family and how much they care about me. I love being a mom more than anything. Hayden makes being a mom the greatest gift on earth. He is such a doll!

Julie gave me the sweetest, most touching angel. I had tears in my eyes as I opened it. She has been so great to me! It was such a heartfelt and touching gift!

Of course, Thomas did a fantastic job at entertaining, cooking and making sure every detail of my Mother's Day was perfect! The guys all played the Wii, per Hayden's request. Thomas barbecued steaks and corn on the cob (my favorite), and best of all banana homemade ice cream! He is such a great guy! I am so lucky that I am married to such a great man that treats me like a queen!




No comments: