Sunday, May 2, 2010

Parley Street

Parley Street was amazing! We got up early one morning and walked down the Trail of Hope. Nauvoo was still, quiet and relaxing. The spirit of the early pioneers could be felt. We talked to Hayden of the Saints leaving this beautiful city and heading to the West. They uncertainty they must have felt was evident by the walk. The hope they had for a bright future resounded on that street.

There are days when I find myself unsure of how to face the future or uncertain of events that are unfolding. It sure put things into perspective as I walked Parley Street. My trials and the hardships I am asked to face, are minimal in comparison. I admire the strength of the early Saints and their dedication to the gospel.

The peace of walking Parley Street is something that is imprinted on my heart. It was a peaceful feeling and one of sheer gratitude for the early Saints and their sacrifices that have enriched my life so much.


No comments: