Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gila Valley Temple Dedication

The Gila Valley Temple dedication was an amazing experience. It was so neat to get to experience that with Hayden. I loved being able to explain the significance of different moments to Hayden. He did notice the Spirit that was felt during the dedication. I told him that someday, as he enters the temple, he will remember those feelings and I hope he goes often so he will have the continued blessings of the temple in his life. He was so excited when pictures of the Nauvoo temple were shown. That trip was such a special and joyous time for our family and one we will always hold dear to our hearts.

I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. It is moments like those at the dedication when I am reminded at how blessed I am by the Savior. He loves me and provides me with moments of understanding and reassurance that I am his child.

I loved watching President Monson being so playful and having fun with the children. It warmed my heart and made me very reflective on the love our Savior has for the children and the joy that they do and should bring to our lives. It was a great experience and I am grateful for the moments that touched my heart so deeply.

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I've only been able to do the Oquirrh Mountain dedication from my home chapel, but it was a great experience. I love that I can see the Logan Temple out my back window. It stands out from almos any spot in the valley. We're so lucky to live so close! I need to make it there more often.

Bob and Danya said...

Was lots of fun wasn't it? I can't believe our boys were old enough to go to that! Man, time sure flies!