Friday, October 16, 2015

Hayden's toy Drive with Luke

I received a call from Luke in Prescott asking if he could do his eagle project for Hayden's toy drive. So we did it. He earned his eagle with collecting toys for Phoenix Children's Hospital. And PCH scored with a summer toy drive. 

Luke partnered with a lady that wrote children's books and she donated 900 different books to the cause. I look forward to working with her in the future. He also met a man that makes wooden toys by hand. He does amazing work. I bet PCH will be thrilled that he will become a semi annual donor. Along with that, Luke collected a couple of hundred toys and over $1500 that he went on a shopping spree with at Toys or Us. For every$30 spent, he received an additional $5 in toys. Which made the money stretch even farther. 

I love working with scouts who choose Hayden's Toy Drive as their Eagle Project. Children with illnesses break my,heart. As I have spent countless hours with Hayden in hospitals and running tests, I know the difference a toy can make. As I have walked my own illness, I see how a change of pace or visitor makes all the difference. For kids, it's a new toy. 

Thanks to all of you. We appreciate the Aslian family and their sacrifice and hard work to bring many many happy s,idling faces to children battling health issues. I never see "just a pile of toys" but count the toys in smiles on both th patients and their parents who feel very helpless. A smile on your child's face, when Hope is fleeting, brings renewed hope, increased fighting, willingness to hold on and joy. 

I'm so grateful to be a small part of this wonderful cause. By the way, not only do I work with boys earning their Eagle projects but also I would love to work with young women earning their young womanhood medallion or any service hours from any organizations. 

Another successful toy drive! So grateful for all the love and hope that Hayden's Toy Drive has brought our family. 


No comments: