Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kaylee's baptism

What an incredible day! I was able to attend the baptism of my niece, Kaylee. She looked so beautiful dressed all in white. She was absolutely glowing!



Before the baptism, Kaylee, Katelyn and Kiley, sang "I am a child of God". As I looked up and saw my three sweet nieces singing, I was choked up by how strong the Spirit was. I am so proud of them and the choices they are making. Kaylee has been such a great influence on those around her.


As Kaylee entered the waters of baptism today, it took me back to the day I was baptized. I was only eight years old, but I remember the day like it was yesterday; my dress, the songs sung, the people in attendance and the family party afterwards. Most of all, I remember how I felt. I knew at that time that church was true. I had an assurity that I was a daughter of God and that my Father in Heaven loved me. I knew those precious gospel truths at eight years old, and had those same truths reaffirmed to me today.

As I look back over my life, I cannot express what comfort and joy that the gospel has brought to me. Each day I am reminded of the simple truths that God lives and loves us. I am grateful for my testimony and the Lord's guidance in my life. Days like today help me to stop and reflect on what is most important.

I am excited for Kaylee and her willingness to commit to follow our Savior and am excited to see all of the great things the Lord has in store for her.


Brooklyn (4 - Jodi's) Kiley (5 - Jake's) Kaylee (8 - Jake's) Katelyn (almost 7 - Jake's) Brigham (21 months - Jodi's) & Hayden(6)

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

That's so awesome! Congrats to Kaylee! I didn't even realize she was 8! Time sure flies!