Friday, March 21, 2008

What a relief!

It is March and I have figured out plans for Hayden during the summer. This is such a feat every year and one that leaves me with all kinds of emotions. I feel guilt, that Hayden has to go to a daycare place during the summer, financially I try to find the best place without killing our budget, and mostly, I try to find the best environment for Hayden. It is a process. I have spent the past couple of weeks trying to find the perfect place for Hayden to be. Through much prayer, effort and asking around, I think I found the best place for Hayden. I am so excited to say that he is enrolled in a summer camp. He is going to have such a fun summer and he is so excited. Talk about a fun program. Every day he goes to a karate class and a tumbling class. They also play t-ball, basketball and soccer at the park every morning and every afternoon they go swimming. Every day they have a different fieldtrip. Once a week they go to Bounce U, Skateland, the movies, and to a museum. He will have a much funner summer than if I were even at home with him. What a relief! I love that we've moved on to summer camps. And, the best part, when we took Hayden to check the place out yesterday, here was his response. "Sweet! You are definetly the best mom ever!!!!" Hearing those words, and feeling the guilt rush away, priceless.

2 comments:

Pallets and Pearls said...

Sounds like a fun summer to me! I wish I went to a camp like that :)

Kenna said...

That's awesome! Sounds like he's gonna have a great time!