Thursday, May 1, 2008

Real Estate School

I am crazy, and went back to school to get my real estate license. No, it was not my decision. Something crazy that Jake and Josh thought I should do while the market is slow, so I can help my dad out. I was so nervous to go back to school. It has been a really long time and the thought of studying at night and tests, has not been very appealing. Coming from the Simonton family, you are expected to know the real estate industry, at least somewhat. And, believe it or not, a lot of the concepts are interesting and I am beginning to realize how they all fit together in this real estate world that I have grown up in.

I am taking it very slow as there is too much going on in my life to be in school full-time. So, at only a couple of mornings a week, it will take several months to finish. I am glad to say that after two weeks I am still surviving. And, I have probably learned something. Hayden thinks it is hilarious that I have "homework time" with him at night. Although, I do get a lot more accomplished after he is asleep. So, our lives may be a little boring for now while I try to finish up this schooling. I will be glad I have it, once everything is completed.

No comments: