Tuesday, August 10, 2010

40th B-day Party

My 40th birthday was spent exactly how I wanted it, with family that I absolutely love and care about. I felt so very loved. I looked around the room and my heart smiled as I thought about what a great life I have been blessed with. I have a lot of people that love and care about me, and what more could I ask for.

Turning 40 isn't so bad when I look at where my life is. I am happy. I have a great husband, a loving son and so many loving family members and friends that would do anything for me! I feel so incredibly blessed.

Thomas ordered a strawberry banana Cathy's rum cake... my favorite!
Little Miss Brinley has become my buddy! We even hit the Disney Store that week so she could see that they really do have an entire store dedicated just to princesses.
I LOVE that all my little nieces wanted to blow out the candles with me and were right there in the kitchen. I may not have a daughter but I have absolutely adorable nieces that I love so much!
We had fun just chatting.

I love all my cute nieces and nephews and I sure loved them celebrating with me. I may only have Hayden but I have so many kiddos that I claim as part mine. It was so great to have them be around for my birthday!
Dallin wrote my the sweetest card... told me I didn't look a day over 20. He has learned the right things to say to get him far in life!

I was spoiled rotten by so many people. Julie has been teaching me to cook. I always laugh that if there are more than 5 ingredients, forget it! I laughed so hard when I opened the 5 ingredients cook book. I also loved on the Anyone Can Bake that on each page they have, "Ask mom" tips. I laughed reading it!

I was mostly very touched by the kind words and cards that were written. Ann touched me so deeply with a lamp and all the ways that I have touched her life. Couldn't love that kid more.
I am so grateful that I have been blessed with such a great life! I am feeling very loved! I guess that is the BEST 40th birthday present I could ever hope for!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Love you!! Glad you had a wonderful birthday, you deserve it!