Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lachelle

Lachelle and I were in Sunbeams together, reconnected in high school, were college roommates and decided to go on missions at the same time. I have so many fond memories of Lachelle. She is one of the most positive people I know.

Favorite memories:
Creative dates, including one in the pool on the canoe.
You can do it messages.
Warren, Travis, Lachelle and I hanging out in Provo Canyon.
Teaching the little girls to dance in the rain.
Experiencing college life for the first time.
Taking pictures at the Y and with the cougar.
YSA Dancing Festival. We rocked.
Matching outfits to the first day of kindergarten.
My fifth birthday filled with duck duck goose and pinatas.

Needless to say, the memories could be listed forever, but Lachelle and I were such great friends. Sometime after our missions, we lost contact. Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from her on Thursday. She called to tell me that she had found a present that she had made me back for my birthday in 1990. It was a cross-stitch of precious moments for my wedding album. She had to bring it to me. We decided to meet up at Chuck E Cheese with the kiddos on Friday afternoon.

It was like time had never moved on. We reconnected immediately. I don't think she has changed a bit, well, other than the fact that she has 3 adorable kids. We had so much fun talking. I can't wait to get together with her again.


1 comment:

Lachelle said...

What a surprise to visit your blog and then see this posting! I really enjoyed getting together with you yesterday. You look GREAT and I'm glad you are feeling better. Hayden is such a great kid...but then again he has a fabulous mom. I look forward to meeting Thomas and seeing you again soon. Have a great birthday tomorrow! Love ya,