Saturday, August 7, 2010

Root Canals

I took Hayden to what I thought was going to be a simple dental office visit. One minor cavity and they were going to seal some teeth. Little did I know, nor the dentist, that when they opened the tooth, he would need not one, but two root canals. Poor kid, he wasn't prepared for that. Neither was I. Hayden did a good job but I have relented all future dental visits to his dad. Watching those root canals and trying to hold Hayden's arms down, something I never want to repeat again.

He did cooperate and yep, we went to Target. I would have bought him anything for that pain, luckily he was thrilled with the new Transformers DS game. He was more excited to get to spend the day with Mommy at work. And, even happier when he and Grandpa bailed on work and went and watched Avatar in the theater room. Hayden was in heaven!

One of my favorite things about Hayden is he has such a positive attitude. In the moment, he was hurting. Within 20 minutes of the procedure, he was a happy boy and back to his positive self. He even told his dad that it turned out to be a great day!

No comments: