Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Julie's Baptism

Last night had to be one of the best night's of my life. One of my very favorite people decided to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I wish I could adequately express the feelings of joy, happiness and peace that were present when Thomas baptized Julie. The Spirit was so very strong and my joy was indescribable.

The evening couldn't have gone more perfect. Jodi gave a talk on Baptism. Both of us cried as she thanked Julie for all she has done for me. After which, Thomas had the incredible opportunity to take Julie into the water and baptize her. The Spirit was incredible and I felt I could hardly cat catch my breath, for the sheer joy that I felt. After Julie was baptized, I was to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. First, I sat at the piano and sang, "I'll find you my friend" and then told of how I knew that I knew Julie before we came to this earth. I am so grateful that the Holy Ghost helped me out and bore witness of the truthfulness of the message that the church is true and that the Holy Ghost can and will help each of us to know what the Lord wants for us.

Brother Turley spoke and acknowledged what courage and strength and especially what love that Sean and T.J. had to come to witness their mother get baptized. He said that that act showed what a wonderful mother Julie must be that he boys would support her and be there to sustain her. He asked Julie to share a few words on how she came to know the church was true and that she wasn't doing this just out of love for the Murphy's.

I was in awe with Julie's testimony and I have talked to her daily and sat in with the missionaries. Julie has come to the knowledge that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is true. She has felt the peace and reassurance from the Holy Ghost. She has read the Book of Mormon and prayed about its truthfulness. She has received the divine answer that this is the direction the Lord wants for her life and most importantly, she has chosen to follow the Savior and take upon his name and come into his fold. The Spirit was so strong and powerful. It again witnessed to me of the truthfulness of this message. I was reminded of all the things that I need to be doing in order to return to my Father in Heaven. I resolved to try harder, do more and become the person that my Savior wants me to be.

I am so grateful to have been apart of this incredible day. Thank you, Julie for your faith, testimony and love. I cannot adequately express my joy, love for you or my deep devotion to my Savior. I am so proud of you and your decision and I have loved seeing you so peaceful and joyful!


Me and Julie
Thomas, Hayden, Julie and me
The missionaries that taught Julie were great guys and did a really good job teaching and bringing the Spirit into our home. They also loved that Julie would make them wonderful treats!
Jan, Sean, Julie, Hayden, TJ, Jerlyn and Thomas

After the baptism, we had everyone over for ice cream sundaes. Jodi dipped ice cream cones, Sarah made cupcakes and we had the best time chatting, laughing and just really enjoying ourselves. It is a day I will always remember and cherish!

1 comment: