Friday, June 10, 2011

My Health Ride

It has been quite the two weeks, okay it has been a constant for over a year, but the last two weeks have strengthened my testimony and left me in complete awe of the love that my Heavenly Father has for me.

See the below post:

Dr. Brooks calls his friend, Dr. Hibner at St. Joe's Hospital and although they have a six to twelve month wait, they agree to see me this week. After 3 hours with their group on Wednesday, they have determined that my entire hysterectomy has to be re-done, along with fixing the intestines, fibroids and a neuroma tumor that has grown quite large.

The good news is that they will be able to surgically repair everything via a robotic procedure and then put me in physical therapy for the next six months. And then, this should all be over.

Best news, they told me to go ahead and go to Alaska and they will fix this when I get back.

I have seen the Lord move mountains in my behalf this past two weeks. He has opened both doors and windows for me to get the help I need. He has touched these surgeons and doctors hearts to do what was necessary and not worry about the wait times, etc. I have learned how very much the Lord loves me and cares and especially that he knows everything that I am going thru. Did I fail to mention that all of this happened the day after I received a priesthood blessing promising me answers and the right doctors to fix the problems inside my body?

I have such a testimony of my Father in Heaven and his great love for each of us. Of course, I am not excited for yet another surgery but feel that if the Lord has moved mountains on my behalf that he will continue to watch out and protect me throughout this next set of challenges. I do feel very blessed. And, I am headed out on a cruise to Alaska... can we say incredible timing? So very excited!

1 comment:

Monroe Family said...

Please keep me posted JER! My prayers are with you!