Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ketchikan

Ketchikan was all of our favorite day. We arrived into the cutest little town. The buildings were old, quaint and so fun! I loved all the shops and being right on the water.

We took a sea plane out over the Misty Fjords into bear country. The feeling going over the mountains, then over bodies of water and then again over trees was magnificent. I loved looking down on eagle's nests, looking huge waterfalls headon and seeing the grandier of Alaska!
Our little sea plane that we took out! I wasn't even nervous. I loved every minute of it!
Hayden loved the ear phones and microphone!
Thomas was able to be the co-pilot and it was a dream come true, bucket list item for him!
The views were amazing!
Hayden and I had a GREAT time in the back of the plane. The views were the best!

We docked off in some cove and looked around with binoculars and didn't see any wildlife but were in awe of the beauty. Thomas decided to walk to this log. I am looking in the binoculars and see these two bears and then to my fright, I saw Thomas right by them in the binoculars. I panicked! I screamed. These bears were looking Thomas right in the eye and they were bigger than him. Thomas slowly backed up and was fine. It scared me so bad. It was Thomas' favorite moment of the trip! He came eye to eye with two brown bears and LOVED it!
We made it safely back on the sea plane and enjoyed the trip back to Ketchikan!
I am still in awe at the gorgeousness of the waterfalls! It was a once in a lifetime, memory making day! It was definitely a day in my top 10 ever! I love these precious family memories that will always be cherished!

No comments: