Saturday, June 25, 2011

Juneau

Our first excursion and port we visited was Juneau. Boy was it cold! I had on two pairs of thermals, 2 jackets, gloves, hat and was still a frozen popsicle!
We ventured to Mendenhall Glacier and I was in awe at the beauty and magnitude of the huge glaciers. I knew they were big, but standing next to them is a entirely different realm. The word amazing doesn't do justice to how beautiful and grand they were.

Then, we headed out on a whale watching excursion. We saw a ton of whales, eagles, sea lions, birds and beautiful scenary. My favorite was watching the excitement in Hayden's and Thomas' eyes each time they were the first to spot a new grouping of whales. Hayden is so his dad. I LOVED watching them. We were lucky and saw a mom teaching her baby whale to jump. Priceless and so precious.
This is a whale tooth! I couldn't believe how big it was!

My boys taking pictures out on the deck. I stayed nice and warm on the inside drinking hot cocoa! Yum!
The three of us, in Alaska, on a small boat, what a dream come true!
Mendenhall Glacier was in the background.
Me and Hayden in front of the most beautiful waterfall, the sound was magnificent!
Amazingly beautiful country!

No comments: