Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lisa

I received a call from my cousin, Lisa, on a Thursday evening. She asked me how life was going. How the home front was holding up in spite of me having more outpatient surgeries and procedures. I replied that we were handling life fine. (Lisa had moved from Prescott to Denver back in November of last year.) She asked if I needed her to fly to come and help us out. I told her we were fine and managing due to lots of family, friends and ward members all helping out.

The next phone call I received was one saying, "Have Thomas pick me up at the Gateway airport at 10:10am on Sunday. I will return the following Sunday. Have Thomas make a list of anything that I can help out with." I hung up the phone and cried tears of joy. I was in awe that people, including Lisa, cared so much about me.

You see, Lisa has always been the "big sister" to me. She lived with us when I was young, took care of Jake, JD and Jodi at times, let me live with her when I came home from a mission. She was there. I was having such a rough time and was trying so hard not to.... yet, it is hard to be down this long.

I felt relief that Lisa was coming. I felt loved. I felt very loved. And, oh how I was a hero in Hayden's eyes since Lisa was coming.... oh how he loves her.

No comments: