Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beach traditions

There are certain things that we do at the beach every year. The first night over, we go to this little fish place in Oceanside harbor. The fish is fried, greasy and not all that great, but we have been going there since I was a little girl. I remember watching the boats, feeding the seagulls and being there with my brothers, Jodi and my mom and dad. It holds fond memories.

We have been going to this beach condo since 1984... yes, for a very, very long time. Southern California Beach Club, #408, is a second home to me. I feel close to my mom at the beach. And, each year I reflect on all the memories. In fact, one of my favorite moments this year, was sitting and telling Hayden my favorite times with him on the beach and telling him memories of me and my mom on the beach. He loved it.

Also, the boys collect sand crabs each year. Hayden caught some big ones this year and always had a bucket full to release back into the ocean at the end of the day. He is all boy and he loves any kind of animal and creature.

Of course, we have to bury all the kids in the sand. What is better than a completely sandy child? I love it.

At least once each year, Jake, Jodi and I go out into the waves. It is fun to go out like we used to as kids.

Of course, the best times are just enjoying each others company. We laugh, talk and catch up on each other's lives. It is fun and makes absolutely wonderful lasting memories.

3 comments:

Monroe Family said...

Oh my gosh how fun!!! I love the beach.

Darce said...

How neat, Jer! I love sharing those kinds of memories with my girls, and they love it, too. I'm sure your mom loves seeing you share her with Hayden. How neat is that! I didn't know you guys always did this--what a great memory!

Bob and Danya said...

Looks like a fabulous trip as always! Love that pic of Hayden buried in the sand! So funny!