Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hayden stories I want to remember

Last night while Hayden and I were cooking dinner, he was estatic because he learned how to use the potato peeler and could make his own cucumber, Hayden and I were talking.
Hayden: Mom, I decided I don't want to be a vet or a palentologist anymore, I want to be a chef when I grow up.
Me: Okay Hayden, why?
Hayden: I'm really good at helping in the kitchen and then I can only make foods that I like to eat.
Me: Sounds fun!
Hayden: What kind of hours to chef's have?
Me: That depends on whether you are a breakfast chef or a dinner chef.
Hayden: Nevermind, I don't want to be a chef, I want to be home every night and eat dinner with my family. What kind of hours does a palentologist have?

Speaking of palentologists, we saw Journey to the Center of the Earth this past week. After the show, Hayden asked if we could go to the Center of the Earth.
Suzi: No, we don't have a professor to take us there?
Hayden: Why do we need a professor?
Suzi: None of us know how to get there or get out.
Hayden: WHAT!?! You mean my dad doesn't know??? I thought my daddy was a genius!
We laughed hard. I told Thomas to enjoy it. The day will come too quickly that he will realize the truth that his parents don't know everything. But, we are enjoying it now!

One last one:
Hayden: Mom, do you think Heavenly Father loves me more than most kids?
Me: Hayden, Heavenly Father loves you very very much. You are very special to him and he only wants the best for you.
Hayden: I knew it! That's why he gave me you for a mom, so I could have the best!
Now, who wouldn't love that kid? I am the luckiest mom in the world.

3 comments:

Darce said...

You know, Jer--you just gotta love kids! They make you smile and they make you feel loved! what could be better?

Anonymous said...

That last one is so cute...

Anonymous said...

SO cute!