Monday, July 21, 2008

Oceanside, California


We had the best time on our annual vacation to the beach. I look forward to this trip each year. It is always my highlight. I love spending time with not only Thomas and Hayden but with all the Simonton's. I am so lucky to be part of an incredible family that enjoys spending time together. I have the greatest nieces and nephews and grow to love them more as I spend time with them on vacation. It is so fun to see how each of their personalities have evolved during the year. It is also a very reflective time for me. I think of the last year, the ups and downs, and mostly realize all of the blessings that the Lord has given to me. I also look forward to the future and take time to analyze my direction in life and to refocus on my goals. I even spent the drive home contemplating my "bucket list" and what I want to accomplish in life. Me, Steph, Rosie and Suzi had such a great conversation about really making a list of goals in life. I think being at the beach, looking at the beautiful scenery, listening to the calming comfort of the ocean, and the tranqility of just being, I am able to focus on what matters. Each year, I walk away from the beach with a better understanding of my Savior's plan for me. I feel His presence and feel I am better able to listen to what the Savior is trying to tell me. Maybe I just stop and am still so I can hear. I am very grateful for my life, my blessings, my family and my testimony. All are very precious to me. I just need reminders now and then at how lucky I am and how grateful I am for my life.

1 comment:

Darce said...

I LOVE those kinds of opportunities!