Monday, July 7, 2008

Temple Square

My favorite part of temple square was when we went to see the Christus. During the presentation, Hayden leaned over to me and said, "I really miss you, Jesus". It was so sweet, so tender and so sincere.



I love when I see glimpses of who he really is. He is so sensitive to the spirit. He has an understanding of the gospel so much greater than I do. He understands it on a deep level. We watched a movie on families. Hayden told me afterwards, "Mommy, Jesus is really happy we are here today." I said yes. He replied, "I can feel him and I feel really happy". Motherhood is so up and down trying to figure out what I should be teaching him, and how to approach things. Bottom line, if he can identify that he is feeling the Spirit at six years old, I am doing something right. I felt a deep sense of what a strong spirit Hayden has. I am so blessed to be his mother.

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

Hayden really is a sweet boy, but that comes as no surprise with you and Thomas as parents. He is going to make such a wonderful missionary some day. Heavenly Father has big plans for that kid!