Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Peter Piper Pizza

Last night we went to Peter Piper Pizza to celebrate Bryson's birthday. It isn't often that JD's kids get to be in town for their birthdays. We love having them here. It is so fun for Hayden to get together with all of his cousins.

Hayden scared me to death while we were there last night. All of a sudden I see Rosie and Jake jump up, run and yelling for Hayden. Of course, I followed, not knowing what was wrong. Hayden had decided to be a dog and have Bryson put a "leash" around his neck. Hayden had a jump rope wrapped around his neck and Bryson was pulling him. Hayden was turning red and blue. Nice. I am soooooo glad that Rosie saw him and unwound him. What crazy boys... I asked Hayden what he was doing and he said he wanted to have Bryson walk him like he walked Princess and Spanky. Goofy kid. Needless to say, we gave him the "don't put things around your neck" lecture.

It is funny, when little things happen, it makes you realize all the things you are grateful for... Most of all just one more day with my wonderful family. I cherish all of my moments with Hayden. I know it is silly, but Hayden hasn't turned blueish in a very long time, and even though it was nothing, it still made me appreciate how far he has come. I am truly thankful for every day with Hayden.

No comments: